Are you wanting resources for getting more joy in the journey? Here are some ideas that will get you going in that direction.
Private Social Media Group
The Creator’s Classroom has a private group for women of all ages who are rising above life’s valleys to experience more Joy In The Journey. Simply answer a couple of questions about yourself when asking to join. You can find us on Facebook, and MeWe.
In the group, you have an opportunity to ask questions, request prayer, post how God is encouraging you, and to connect with other like-minded women. Only those in the group can see what you post. Here is what you will find inside The Creator’s Classroom:
- Daily Scripture verses with questions to ponder. Each month is a different topic.
2. Topical Bible studies, which include:
- Finding hope
- My heart has been broken
- Harnessing the winds of adversity
- Why should I read the Bible?
- (more to come)
3. Encouraging quotes, thoughts, and conversation starters
Scripture Cards and Coloring Pages
Many articles have a scripture card or coloring page that is a freebie. You can download directly from the article with no email required.
The link to additional scripture cards and coloring pages will be active soon, and password protected for our subscribers.
These are 8 1/2 by 11-inch pages, designed for three-ring binders. No email required. Simply click on the photos to download.
The “Gratitude Journal” was featured in the post, “6 Powerful Health Benefits Of Gratitude (especially on busy days).” It includes a cover page for your binder and weekly pages to record your daily moments of gratitude.
“Everyday Moments” are journal pages for you to keep a record of how you are finding God in nature, in the ordinary, and in life challenges. There is also a page that explains how to use it.
Books to increase your joy in the journey
- When Your World Falls Apart, by Dr. David Jeremiah. This book follows his journey to embrace and rise above a devastating diagnosis.
- The God You May Not Know, by Dr. David Jeremiah. The chapter on the “faithfulness of God” was extremely comforting to me after being abandoned by my husband. There undoubtedly is a chapter that addresses the hurts in your life.
- KJV Personal Reflections Bible has extra-wide margins. It is perfect for notes, drawing, coloring, and creating whatever helps you reflect on what you are reading. This Bible is really a combination of scripture as well as a mini-journal. If you are not extremely artistic, you may find the Bible below more to your liking.
- KJV Personal Reflections Bible with prompts is basically the same as the above Bible except that every page has a premade drawing that can be colored and a question to ponder God’s working in your life.
- Listen To The Animals is an old devotional book written by William L. Coleman, but still available on Amazon. If you have trouble getting out in nature, this book will bring nature to you. With 52 stories, it will bring amazement as to God’s marvelous creation.
- More Than Meets the Eye: Fascinating Glimpses of God’s Power And Design will blow your mind as to the intricacies of the human body and its many interdependent systems. Written by Richard A. Swenson, M.D., every single chapter will have you in awe of our amazing God and His perfect design.
- Laugh Like A Kid Again, by Phil Calaway. A collection of true short-stories, Callaway brings a dose of humor to some of life’s toughest moments.
- Redeeming Love, a novel with a Biblical theme by Francine Rivers.
Music to increase your joy in the journey
- “In the eye of the storm“, Written and recorded by Ryan Stevenson after he lost his dad to cancer and his twins to miscarriage.
- “I Will Fear No More“, written and recorded by the Afters. “Even though I may be in the storm, the storm is not in me.”
- “What God has promised“. This is an old song that my mother used to sing, written in 1902 by Annie Johnson Flint. This is an updated version.
- “In Christ Alone“, by Kristian Stanfill. “In Christ alone, my hope is found.”
- “Shoulders” by For King and Country. “My help comes from you (God).”
- “Who Am I?” by Casting Crowns. “You hear me when I’m calling, Lord you catch me when I’m falling and you tell me who I am . . . I am yours. “
- “I Will Trust In You” by Lauren Daigle. “No matter what I face you’re by my side.”
- “Give Me Jesus” by Jeremy Camp. “In the morning when I rise, give me Jesus.”
- “Do it again“, by Elevation Worship. “Your promise still stands. Great is your faithfulness. . . You made a way, when there was no way, and I believe I’ll see you do it again.”
- “Always“, by Kristian Stanfill. “We don’t have to fear the war, our help is on the way”.
- “God Of All My Days“, by Casting Crowns. “I came to you with my heart in pieces and found the God with healing in his hands. . . ”
- “Almost Home“, by Mercy Me. “Are you disappointed, are you desperate for help?. . . We are almost home. Soon our burdens will be gone.”
Audio Stories & Devotionals
This is yet to come. Please stay tuned.
Audio Stories & Devotionals have their origin on the farm and beyond. They are real-life dramas of seeing God in everyday moments and applying His truth to those situations. Similar stories are already part of the written content here at the Creator’s Classroom.
- Joy In Nature: Independence
- Joy In Nature: Mother’s Milk
- Childhood Bliss: Finding Joy In God’s Creation
Here is what one subscriber had to say:
“Your stories are pure heaven, both in the telling and the application.” (Jo from Galveston, Texas)