Are you wanting resources for finding more hope, joy, and peace? Here are some ideas that will get you going in that direction. And as always, the Creator’s Classroom will be delivering further posts in the weeks to come.
Private Facebook Group
While the group is private, anyone can join who wants to be in a community with others who are finding hope, joy, and peace. Simply answer a couple of questions about yourself when asking to join.
- Monday Makeover- What is God teaching you?
- Wednesday Words of Wisdom- What scripture has been special to you in the last week?
- Friday Fun Facts- A chance to tell others some trivia about yourself.
Scripture Cards and Coloring Pages
Almost every post has at least one scripture card or coloring page that is a freebie. You can download directly from the posts with no email required.
The link to additional scripture cards and coloring pages will be active soon, and password protected for our subscribers.
Journal Pages to help you find more Hope, Joy & Peace
These are 8 1/2 by 11-inch pages, designed for three-ring binders. No email required. Simply click on the photos to download.
The “Gratitude Journal” was featured in the post, “6 Powerful Health Benefits Of Gratitude (especially on busy days).” It includes a cover page for your binder and weekly pages to record your daily moments of gratitude.
“Everyday Moments” are journal pages for you to keep a record of how you are finding God in nature, in the ordinary, and in life challenges. There is also a page that explains how to use it.
Books to find more Hope, Joy & Peace
- When Your World Falls Apart, by Dr. David Jeremiah. This book follows his journey to embrace and rise above a devastating diagnosis.
- The God You May Not Know, by Dr. David Jeremiah. The chapter on the “faithfulness of God” was extremely comforting to me after being abandoned by my husband. There undoubtedly is a chapter that addresses the hurts in your life.
- KJV Personal Reflections Bible has extra-wide margins. It is perfect for notes, drawing, coloring, and creating whatever helps you reflect on what you are reading. This Bible is really a combination of scripture as well as a mini-journal. If you are not extremely artistic, you may find the Bible below more to your liking.
- KJV Personal Reflections Bible with prompts is basically the same as the above Bible except that every page has a premade drawing that can be colored and a question to ponder God’s working in your life.
- Listen To The Animals is an old devotional book written by William L. Coleman, but still available on Amazon. If you have trouble getting out in nature, this book will bring nature to you. With 52 stories, it will bring amazement as to God’s marvelous creation.
- More Than Meets the Eye: Fascinating Glimpses of God’s Power And Design will blow your mind as to the intricacies of the human body and its many interdependent systems. Written by Richard A. Swenson, M.D., every single chapter will have you in awe of our amazing God and His perfect design.
- Laugh Like A Kid Again, by Phil Calaway. A collection of true short-stories, Callaway brings a dose of humor to some of life’s toughest moments.
- Redeeming Love, a novel with a Biblical theme by Francine Rivers.
Music to find more Hope, Joy & Peace
- “In the eye of the storm“, Written and recorded by Ryan Stevenson after he lost his dad to cancer and his twins to miscarriage.
- “I Will Fear No More“, written and recorded by the Afters. “Even though I may be in the storm, the storm is not in me.”
- “What God has promised“. This is an old song that my mother used to sing, written in 1902 by Annie Johnson Flint. This is an updated version.
- “In Christ Alone“, by Kristian Stanfill. “In Christ alone, my hope is found.”
- “Shoulders” by For King and Country. “My help comes from you (God).”
- “Who Am I?” by Casting Crowns. “You hear me when I’m calling, Lord you catch me when I’m falling and you tell me who I am . . . I am yours. “
- “I Will Trust In You” by Lauren Daigle. “No matter what I face you’re by my side.”
- “Give Me Jesus” by Jeremy Camp. “In the morning when I rise, give me Jesus.”
- “Do it again“, by Elevation Worship. “Your promise still stands. Great is your faithfulness. . . You made a way, when there was no way, and I believe I’ll see you do it again.”
- “Always“, by Kristian Stanfill. “We don’t have to fear the war, our help is on the way”.
- “God Of All My Days“, by Casting Crowns. “I came to you with my heart in pieces and found the God with healing in his hands. . . ”
- “Almost Home“, by Mercy Me. “Are you disappointed, are you desperate for help?. . . We are almost home. Soon our burdens will be gone.”
Audio Stories & Devotionals
This is yet to come. Please stay tuned.
Audio Stories & Devotionals have their origin on the farm and beyond. They are real-life dramas of seeing God in everyday moments and applying His truth to those situations. Similar stories are already part of the written content here at the Creator’s Classroom.
- Joy In Nature: Independence
- Joy In Nature: Mother’s Milk
- Childhood Bliss: Finding Joy In God’s Creation
You will also be able to download questions to ponder and consider how you too might apply the nuggets of truth to your own life.
Here is what one subscriber had to say:
“Your stories are pure heaven, both in the telling and the application.” (Jo from Galveston Texas)
Audio Stories & Devotionals will be available to our site members and password protected.