Does God bless everyone? The short answer is “yes and no”. Daily blessings from God are abundant for everyone. But there are many blessings that are reserved only for those who love God. So let’s delve into the blessings from God and see how we can appreciate and enjoy them.
Bible verses about blessings from God
The Bible is full of promises that are blessings from God. Take a look at a few of them.
- ” …who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.” Ephesians 1:3 ESV
- “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord.” Jeremiah 17:7a
- “Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man (or woman) who takes refuge in him!” Psalm 34:8 (Emphasis added)
- “Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God.” Psalm 146:5
- “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. Matthew 5:6
Blessings from God quotes
Be grateful for who you are and whatever you have. Everything you have is a gift from God. (Rick Warren)
There is no doubt about it. God created everything and therefore God owns everything. So when we look at what we have, all of it are blessings from God.
It is God’s will to bless us, but not necessarily on our terms. Sometimes what we think would be a wonderful blessing would not bless us at all. (Joyce Meyers)
Have you ever prayed and prayed for something, and wondered when God was going to come through? Then down the road realized that if God had given to you what you were asking for, it would have been a disaster? Even in God’s answer of “no” or “not now”, it is a blessing from God.
Possessions are not God’s blessing and goodness, but the opportunities of service which he entrusts to us. (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
Dietrich Bonhoeffer knew very well that possessions are something we need to hold onto loosely. To use them in serving others becomes just as much of a blessing to us as to those we share them with. Possessions can come and go in the blink of an eye. Mr. Bonhoeffer lost everything when he was hauled off to a concentration camp and eventually murdered in 1945.
We are ever surrounded by undeserved blessings. Even in His silence, He blesses us. (Dr. David Jeremiah)
Why are blessings undeserved? Because we all have fallen short of God’s perfection. We all have sinned. But God is good, and thus He gives us many daily blessings.
Daily blessings from God
“For he (God) did good by giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying your hearts with food and gladness.” Actis 14:17b (emphasis added)
Scripture also says that God makes the sun to rise on those who are good and those who are not (Matthew 5:45). Nature is a blessing that God gives to everyone. But there is more.
“Each day that God gives us is holy and a precious gift from him. We should enjoy it fully. Joy is powerful.” (Joyce Meyer)
Daily blessings from God are innumerable. It is hard to know where to start counting these blessings. The more we look around, the more we realize they are abundant. Here are just a few.
- Every breath we take is a blessing from God. Scripture says that He breathed into mankind the breath of life. (Genesis 2:7)
- Each day that we are healthy is a precious gift and blessing.
- Every morning when we awaken it is because God has allowed our hearts to keep beating.
- Our sight and sense of smell helps us enjoy the beauty and fragrance of flowers and delicious food cooking.
- Hearing the songs of birds in the trees is sweet and pleasant.
- Feeling a gentle breeze and sunshine on our skin is refreshing.
- We all are blessed with abilities that enrich our lives.
- Most of us have a place to stay that protects us from the elements.
- Food is abudant in much of the world.
- Technology allows us to commlunicate with freinds and family around the world.
- Many of us live in free countries where we can voice our opinions and make choices.
- ___________________________. You fill in the blank. What else are you aware of that is a daily blessing from God?
Blessings reserved for those who Love God
Many of the blessings promised us in the Bible are contingent upon our obedience to God. (David Servant)
This is where blessings from God get exciting. If I had to choose my favorites it would be from Bible verses found in Romans and Genesis.
Romans 8:28 teaches that for those who love God, regardless of what happens it will eventually work out for good. Genesis 50:20 essentially says the same thing, though its focus is more on those who are deliberately trying to harm us.
Another blessing for those who love God is that He will direct us when we don’t know what to do. Life can be hard, confusing, and perplexing. Yet we can trust God to help us. (Proverbs 3:5-6, 2 Chronicles 20:12)
And what about when we are weary? When we love God He promises to strengthen us and give us rest. (Isaiah 40:31, Matthew 11:28, 1 Peter 5:7)
Further blessings are that God will never leave us and He will not change. We don’t have to tiptoe around for fear of what kind of a mood He might be in. God is rock solid faithful and dependable.
What is the greatest example of God’s blessings?
God’s greatest blessings often come costumed as disasters. Any doubters need to do nothing more than ascend the hill of Calvary. (Max Lucado)
The death of Jesus seemed like such a senseless disaster to many of His followers. That is until He came back to life again. Then it all made sense. But for several days, they felt devastated. Their teacher-leader was gone and they feared for their own lives.
The greatest blessing of God is the gift of Salvation. Once we have accepted that gift then all the other special blessings are available to us when we love and obey Him.
I don’t know … how or to where God is calling you, but I do know this; God wants you to be a blessing. Rev. David Weyrick
Everything that God gives to us is something that can be used to bless others as well. This is how we become the “hands and feet” of Jesus to those around us. Sometimes we need just a hug. Other times we need prayer. If it were not for the blessings of our health, muscle coordination, vocal cords, and minds we would not be able to do these things. Being a blessing to others is not always in material ways. Sometimes it involves our time and our love for others.
Scripture is full of commands for us to help, encourage, and bless one another. Here are a few of them.
- “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32
- “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
- ” … through love serve one another.” Galatians 5:13 B
- “Therefore encourage one another with these words.” 1 Thessalonians 4:18
- ” … pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.” James 5:16
God loves to bless people. Consequently, there are countless blessings available to everyone, regardless of their relationship with Him. Daily blessings from God include all of nature and our very life and breath. But many additional blessings are reserved for those who love and obey God.
By far, the greatest blessing of all is the gift of Salvation and life forever with Jesus. Until we meet Him face to face, God has many more blessings available to us. Don’t miss out on them. Learn to love God more and follow His directions found in Bible.
“Count your many blessings, see what God has done.” (1)
You might also like to read
- Count Your Blessings, hymn written in 1897 by Johnson Oatman Jr.